Overcladding an up and over garage door

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Ok so I'm about to replace my old timber john carr windows with anthracite grey pvc, nice contemporary style front door with pole handle too, at the minute it's all stained brown like the whole estate is, I've took the plunge and am going to be the only grey install on there, hope it works! Anyway my garage door is a plastic coated embossed ali job in brown, at first I was going to get some suitable paint mixed up and paint it but its got a few dents from reversing the van right up to them for security so wondered about cladding, something like 300mm hollow soffit but would prefer not to have the look of shiplap, maybe 300mm flat board with slightly open joints for the sectional and contemporary look

Any ideas/thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Just watch the weight mate.....some of these up and over doors have a pretty fine balance to say open.
John :)

Yeah I've considered weight and of course adding anything to the door will affect it but 3 or 4 extra turns on the spring should compensate for the extra, its already got 28 turns in now!

Sponsored Links
Hollow soffit board would certainly be lighter but 450 or 600mm utility board would be a more contemporary look.
Are you already electric? Can get a good quality electric roller door in grey for about £800
Canopy or retractable non electric for half that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back