overflow only when both taps open...!!

ok...have found the 'tundish'..it looks wet inside and a drip is going through it almost constantly...should this be so...?
when I turn bathroom taps on it makes no difference...when both hot and cold are running in kitchen the overflow runs a lot..
I take it the tundish is connected to the overflow..?

Sponsored Links
oh right....don't know when it was last serviced...didn't even realize emersion heaters had to be..!!

Type you have is an 'unvented' hot water cylinder which will supply hot water at mains pressure. They do need an annual check/service to ensure everything, including essential safety devices, is working correctly. You will need an engineer with a 'G3' ticket which qualifies him/her to work on this type of system.

Sponsored Links
You have a good system, the alternative is a vented type or low pressure system, with additional cold tank in loft, where you have hot water dribble out the taps and shower.

sounds like your temp/pressure relief valve is faulty. The reason its probably running when your kitchen tap is on is because the inc mains pressure is higher than the hot water pressure. This is probably as the pressure reducing valve on the cold supply to the cylinder hasnt been set correctly thus giving unequal pressures. Let us now how you get on when you get your annual check.

Big thanks to everyone.....I will book a service and get it all checked out and post the results here
again thanks all

Dave (razor) Sharp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back