Overflow problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thaere. My mate has a problem with the overflow on his central heating tank. we had a looksee today and what seems to be happening is this. when the tankf for the hot water starts to fill the ballcock starts to bounce up and down. this seems to be cause a little water to enter the heating tank. over time the heating tanks fills an starts to overflow. any ideas for curing this.? thanks.

Sponsored Links
r u saying the cwst is overflowed into the f and e tank instead of to the outside ?

Bahco....I have read the post that you mention. so you are saying that the ball valve on the hot water storage tanks is possibly just a bit weak which is why it is being affected by the filling of the hot water tank? there are no drips from it after the hot tank has filled.

JPC. no one tanks does not overflow into the other.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it is knackered.

Cost you a fiver and get the water level right. :D

r u saying the f and e tank over time overflows ??

then what, have u emptied it some and its filled up again ?

JPC. When the hot tank is filling after a tap has been used, at some point in the filling process the ball valve starts to bounce up and down on the surface of the water. this bouncing action appears to be causing a little water to enter the central heating storage tank through its ball valve. this stops when the hot water tankk has filled. over time this is filling the central heating storage tank and it is overflowing.

thats clearer, however i have not come across this before.

if as described then just service the ball valve as desc in the faq

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back