Overflowing toilet...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks
I had 2 issues with the downstairs toilet..
  1. Very slow filling....I changed the diaphragm [?] washer part and this has been resolved
  2. Constant trickle of water leaking into the pan

Solved the slow filling cistern by replacing the diaphragm washer part but still got the slow trickle of water into the pan...searched but cant see where I should be looking now....hopefully picture attached of inside the cistern if anyone has any advice / clues for me

Thanks
IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2721.JPG

Sponsored Links
Underneath where the diaphragm was is a float with an adjustment screw (grey), is the float stuck on the side of the cistern?

It seems to be moving free...I did try and adjust the grey screw a bit either way so the float didn't come up as far and same issue, the float does seems to be moving freely, can't think what else to try..?
Thanks for the reply as well...!

If you manually hold the float up and there is still a trickle of water coming in then whatever is supposed to plug the water inlet in that vertical screwcap isn't sealing. Personally I would replace that whole bit although that will probably mean removing the cistern.. I would think that if you unscrew that vertical cap and have a look inside there will be a rubber washer of some sort and that may be all gummed up with scale or badly worn. Either way replace it, if you can find one if not then it will be a remove the cistern and replace the whole inlet fitting jobby.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back