Overheating Boiler fixed - big thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just wanted to express my thanks to the people who helped out with our boiler problem, in particular oilman and ChrisR. Using their advice and knowledge I was able to explain exactly what was going wrong to the engineer over the phone and he replaced the necessary parts the very next day!

Incidently, it was the diverter valve leak that was causing the radiators to overheat and the hot water to remain constantly on (the leak had messed up the microswitch). Apparently more gases were being generated by the constant request for hot water so the system heated up very sharply.

The pressure relief valve and air vent were also replaced and hey presto, we now have a working boiler - just in time to ward off frostbite!

thanks again.

related posts:
this
and this

Sponsored Links
Happy to help[ - thanks for coming back.
"The pressure relief valve and air vent were also replaced " - good, well worth doing.

I've had a look at the posts you referred to, I get the feeling it should be Gasman who should get the credit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back