Overheating combi-boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an 18 year old Biasi Prisma combi-boiler. It works fine for showering and hot tap water, but it overheats and cuts out after about 15 mins if we put the radiators on.

An engineer came to look at it and showed us how to reset it when it cuts out but they were keen to sell us a new boiler. We can't afford a new boiler until next year but are wondering if it would be worth having work done on the existing boiler to stop it overheating? Any indication of what might be causing it to overheat and how much it would cost to put it right would be realling appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
@Agile is good with Biasi boilers and will probably be along in a minute, but for what it's worth I'd say it's most likely to be the diverter valve playing up. The issue is that that part seems to be obsolete as far as I can tell. You could ask an engineer to strip it down and see if they can get it working again, but it would be at the risk that this might cause a terminal leak and kill the boiler off completely

I dont expect it to be the diverter valve.

All significant parts are still available and I have a huge stock of used parts as well.

But you do need a competent engineer to diagnose the actual fault. Not someone who wants to fit a new boiler for you.

A reasonable replacement boiler is likely to cost about £1890. But if you really cannot afford that there may be some scheme available to help you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back