Override switch for floodlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had to replace my floodlight.the old one had a switch over ride. the new one i have brought frem city electrical factors has a pre wired flex on it with just live neutral and earth. how do i get the switch to work? i have a switch cable in the junction box but dont know what to do with it.
many thanks in advance you lovely people

Sponsored Links
Well how many terminals do you have in the junction box? 3 or 4?

If it's only 3 it's only a case of matching the colours, or red/brown, blue/black & earth to earth.

If it's 4 terminals, you will need to know which is your switched live and which is your permanent live, if you don't want the switch to control the light, use PL, if you want the switch to turn it on and off, use SL. Leave the other live in a connector block.

i have 4 wires in the jb can it not be linked out so the pir can be overridden when needed?

Yea if the light has an override built in, you just connect it to the switched live, then when you want to override it, turn the switch off/on quickly and it will override it.

If it doesn't have this function, take it back and swap for one that does

Sponsored Links
Do the instructions say anything about being able to hard wire an override to the floodlight?

ther instructions were really vague but the bloke at cef said it could be overridden

So

ItsAnybodysGuess.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Can we have a picture of the light connections or the instructions?

Do the instructions say that the light can be set permanently on by flicking the switch?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back