p****** = accident

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have just read the sun paper (comic) on saturday & a gulf war hero was 4 times over the drink limit + had taken cocaine & smashed his porsche into a tree!
i don't want to sound heartless but this adult "hero" had been drinking constanly for 8 hrs & then drove :mad:
what if he killed your kids or parents :evil:
inquest verdict ACCIDENT.
I always thought ACCIDENTS could be avoided
doh.i'm completely ****faced & drugged up,think i'll drive.
no comment.

Sponsored Links
As Homer Simpson once said "I better not drive... Wait a minute, I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!" before driving home drunk.

That was a very stupid thing for him to do. I doubt anyone would begrudge a heavy drinking session to a serviceman home from the war, but to then drive... not clever. I hope he is being treated as anyone else would in this situation. Being a war vet is not grounds for special dispensation when drink driving.

I'm not even mentioning the coke...

don't know if this is true or not but my brother-in-law was in the forces flying jets & he said he used to get r*t arsed and then fly coz the stuff they used to breath in @ high altitudes cleared their heads? pure oxygen or something like that :confused:

Sponsored Links
1 second lapse at 70mph is bad enough but at mach 1 ?!?!?!

I think he stands more chance of hitting something whilst on the ground.
Ohmy......
Did you say "he died"? Then that is very sad, luckily no one else was physically hurt but even then, the costs all round because of it just don't bear thinking of.

kendor said:

On Top Gear last week they mentioned a news story of an RAF Tornado pilot who is in trouble for clipping a lamp post. Didn't say what happened to the plane but I would imagine it would have downed it!

Unlikely to have been at mach 1, but would have been several hundred mph nonetheless.

planenut said:
the costs all round because of it just don't bear thinking of.

From a very cold-hearted point of view, it isn't just the cost of clearing up the accident, but also millions of pounds of training and experience down the drain.

AdamW said:
kendor said:

On Top Gear last week they mentioned a news story of an RAF Tornado pilot who is in trouble for clipping a lamp post. Didn't say what happened to the plane but I would imagine it would have downed it!

Unlikely to have been at mach 1, but would have been several hundred mph nonetheless.
The mention of Mach 1 was an effort on my part to add a bit of irony to my reply :)

Well, you could fly a Tornado at mach 1 at sea level. In fact you could fly it at 920mph at sea level. Dunno if you would want to do it at lamp-post level mind!

AdamW said:
Well, you could fly a Tornado at mach 1 at sea level. In fact you could fly it at 920mph at sea level. Dunno if you would want to do it at lamp-post level mind!
wouldn't it be better to sail in a boat at sea level? :LOL:

How high was this lamp-post?
Why if its call "sea-level", do all yachts sail at an angle? or are they just avoiding the low-flying Tornados.

if he was at sea level then technically he wouldn't be flying anymore but skimming :LOL:

Surely though, "a few feet off the ground" is skilful in a yacht?

Sponsored Links
Back