PA Button Wiring - PLEASE HELP!!

tpj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive put a seccond PA button in the master bedroom connected to the original on my texecom premier 24. The zone with the 2 PA buttons is programmed to "normally closed"

I have now just realised when walk testing the system that i have connected another "normally closed" to another "normally closed" which obviously means that both buttons would have to be pushed to activate the alarm... not ideal!!

Where the cable comes through the wall i have connected the blue and yellow cables to the two blue wires and the two yellows of the PA buttons together.

How do I fix this please!! I am not an electrician so if you could tell me simply please!!

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Sorry scott1980 is right, never took it in that you said n/c in your post. My fault! Wire them in series for n/c circuits. Wire them in parallel for n/o circuits. I usually go n/o, think i got myself confused, haha.

You've wired them in parallel when they need to be in series.

Try this:

In the existing PA button, you will have two cables; one from the panel, and one going out to the new PA button.

Take the blues from each cable, twist them together and connect them under one of the unused terminals. Take one yellow wire and connect it to one side of the reed switch (the little glass thing). Connect the other yellow wire to the other side of the reed switch.

Now in the new PA button, connect the yellow to one side of the reed switch and the blue to the other side.

Sponsored Links
pa buttons not normally wired n/o
As it is obvious you do not understand n/o, n/c, parallel & series wiring I strongly suggest you get someone in before frustration gets the better of you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back