Changing Existing Panic Button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have an old alarm panic alarm button that the casing has been damaged as part of renovating the room which I now need to replace.

The panel is a Texecom Premier Elite 24 with the PA on its own zone and wired with a 4 core cable (picture attached).

Can I replace this with an EOL PA or would this require changes at the panel as well?

Attachments

• PA-Wiring.jpg
    PA-Wiring.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 153
Sponsored Links
The PE24 will have the PA wired to a zone and the tamper wired to a global tamper circuit, the wiring type for the zone would need to change if using EOL version.

Thanks. I checked out the configuration further - both the tamper and PA pressed alarm as Zone 7 Active.

I've attached a picture of the panel wiring which shows all of the green/yellow tamper wire being terminated in a terminal strip.

Am I able to change the tamper configuration easily enough at the panel end without affecting other zones? If so, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Panel-Wiring.jpg
    Panel-Wiring.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Panel-Wiring-2.jpg
    Panel-Wiring-2.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 127
Based on your PA button, the pa button being pressed would activate the zone, as would taking its cover off, but the tamper is wired the terminal strip.

if you follow the zone 7 wiring, you should be able to identify the tamper pair and remove them from the terminal block.

so for the tamper

Yellow(panel) Green (Zone 1)Yellow Green (Zone 2)Yellow Green(panel)

just make sure they are in series from each zones tamper, I am sure theres a better explanation on here with a diagram

Sponsored Links
Perfect, thank you. I've bought the EOL PA button which should be here next week.

To confirm the tamper wiring, I'm simply removing the PA button tamper wiring from the block and leaving the rest in series (similar to this from another post)?

upload_2021-3-20_20-48-2.png

Then with the new PA button, wire in the blue and white and leave the green and yellow disconnected? The PA button comes with resistors, so after removing the tamper wiring is there anything more I need to do?

Appreciate your help, thank you.

You may need to change panic zone wiring attribute from N/C to EOL in zone programming.

Didn't even think about that - it's currently set to N/C, is it Double Pole/EOL I need or the resistor values?

upload_2021-3-20_21-26-20.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back