Texecom 48 wiring specifications

Ahh, yes, I've just done a few searches, and Honeywell markets it as Grade 2, and others grade 1.

Well it seems to work okay, but as I said earlier, I'd be interested to move up a bit - even to what you consider is a grade 2.

Sponsored Links
So to clarify (before I wire everything in). I run a wire from the panel to the sensor.
Red and black go in as normal for +12v and -0v.
I can then use two other wires (I'm using 8 core cable so have six choices), I haven't come across any "industry standards" according to the manual. I'll be using yellow and green in my example.

The yellow attaches to the left hand A terminal in the control panel. Inside the sensor the yellow wire goes into the first "alarm" terminal, in that same terminal goes one leg (I presume the left) of the 4K7 resistor. The right hand leg of the 4K7 resistor then goes into the second alarm terminal. Also into the second alarm port goes the (left) leg of the 2K2 resistor. The remaining (right) leg of the 2K2 resistor then goes into the first tamper terminal. Finally the green wire runs from the second tamper terminal back to the panel, where it is connected to (I presume the left hand) T terminal.

If I recall correctly (although it has been many years), the way to tell how to position the resistors is that one of the legs will be longer. Should I count this leg as the "left" I have referred to in my above wiring.

Final question. On my panel (the premier elite 48) each zone has 4 connectors, two A and two T. If I wire in a device using the left hand A, when bringing it back do I have to connect it to the left hand T, or does it not matter?

Again many thanks for all the help guys. I'm loving how much there is to be learned and astounded with how friendly and open with information everyone is!

When wiring EOL on premier it's the outer connectors on the zone terminals e.g. First A last T

Excellent, that's exactly what I thought.

And does it matter which way round the resistors go and if so, what am I looking for to identify the correct direction?

Sponsored Links
No sorry I didn't make myself very clear.
I'm talking about each individual resistor. So for the 4K7 one, should the purple stripe be closer to the next terminal, or the red stripe.

Another question, and I'm afraid it might be very stupid.
So I have a cheap panic button, bought from here: https://www.alertelectrical.com/burglaralarm-panic-button.html
Should I also wire this in as EOL - and if so is it exactly the same as the glass break sensors I did. (I did try to upload a picture of the current wiring, but I just keep getting errors, so I've used an image site: http://i64.tinypic.com/vzxxt5.jpg)

My final question - I have an extension speaker which obviously is wired in to "speaker" however it comes with a little option tamper switch. I'm wondering where on earth I should wire this into - or should I just not bother with it?

Many thanks fountains of knowledge

To be honest you don't need to wire it EOL if you are fitting a 48 or is it a 48w ? ( plastic case ) the speaker tamper can be wired into aux/tamper on the right side premier 48 or tamper on the 48w just before zone 1

It is a 48 (metal case).
Could you explain why I don't need EOL for a 48. Should I be wiring it with all 6 wires (12v, 0v, alrmin, alrmout, tmpin, tmpout) or is there a better way?
I've studied the manuals over and over but they don't really explain what is best for what situation. Not sure how you're supposed to learn that stuff.

Many thanks

The 48 metal can be wired in any configuration as it's got separate tampers per zone ,normal 4 wire is fine , the 48w does not , so eol is better on this panel

The door contacts and PIR's are all wireless, so It's only things like panic buttons and glass break sensors that are going to be wired in (probably a smoke detector at some point).
Would any particular wiring type be beneficial on this panel?

What ever you find to be the easiest, the smokes won't have a tamper on them anyway ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back