Pacific flush valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a pacific flush valve which is allowing water to seep into the toilet bowl...not a lot be with maters on the vater its annoying.

Today it seems worse...the cistern 'tops up' avery few minutes. I have had a look and the bottom seal was is dirty ...I cleaned it but it still seeps water into the bowl.

I visited B&Q ...and Wickes (where the original was from) (Plumbers merchants closed for Easter) and it seems that they no longer make the pacific and no one sells the rubber part. Pricing up replacement parts ...it will need a new coupling to the toilet bowl too..... comes to well over £40. I can get the whole toilet bowl cistern and the valves etc for only £49.95....!!!

How mad is that?

Steve

Sponsored Links
well at least you understand the difficult environment plumbers work in!

Had the same issue this week myself.

Bit of a faff around if you've not done one before, but a Fluidmaster Universal flushing valve will set you back less than a third of that cost.

Got to remove the cistern form the pan etc, but at least spares in the future will be merely 'dear' rather than 'extortionate'

DH

Sponsored Links

WOW!... now thats cheap.....all I need is the rubber seal! The fact that they are sold in two's worries me....they MUST be prone to failure of the seal...why dont they just sell the seal?????

Had the same issue this week myself.

Bit of a faff around if you've not done one before, but a Fluidmaster Universal flushing valve will set you back less than a third of that cost.

Got to remove the cistern form the pan etc, but at least spares in the future will be merely 'dear' rather than 'extortionate'

DH

Saw these at DIY store...but was trying to avoid removing the cistern. I will probably go that route.. (the isolating valve is stuck ...so I can replace this at the same time).

S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back