Replacement Double Flush Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to replace a "Pacific" WC cistern valve (Wicks WC)) with a WRAS "Macdee" double flush valve supplied by Polypipe of Wigan. This is a direct replacement as the "Pacific" is no longer available. Fitting is very straight forward except that the valve to cistern sealing washer is quite hard plastic and does not seem to be soft enough. The installation note specifies no sealant should be used to avoid damage to the plastic components. personally I think it will be necessary, what do you think?? :confused:
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Quality sanitary clear silicon everytime for me. Also on the float valve cone inlet washer. Leave for 24 hours to go off though.

Flush valve manufacturers are lazy ****s that can't be bothered to supply decent sealing washers or test the plastcis with sealants and chinaware manufacturers produce second rate products.

If its one of those carp cisterns with the fixing bolts through the bottom use sealant there as well.

Many thanks Gasguru for your advice. I used silicon when I installed the original and I guessed that I would have to use it with this one. There was absolutely no chance that it would seal without. Thanks for taking the trouble to help.
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back