Packard Bell Audio Board/Spare Parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I have a 4yo Packard Bell Spirit 550 PC which has served me well over the years. I mainly use it for some gaming, but also for recording audio (me playing the rockstar with my guitar actually!)

I normally just plug in via the mic socket on the front panel, and normally use the accompanying headphone socket so I don't annoy the neighbours.

Unfortunately, the headphones managed to be left plugged in to the front panel after a particularly late session, with the result that in the morning, one of my kids tripped over the wire, taking the socket with him.

RESULT...

One bust front audio board. I have removed the board from the pc in the hope that I could source a replacement.

Packard Bell Customer Services referred me to their warranty department, who then referred me to their Spares Service (a third-party supplier who is nothing to do with Packard Bell). They were unable to help as Packard Bell have not yet provided them with part number lists!

The item I need has a headphone jack & a mic jack, standard 3.5mm connectors. Also has 2 USB sockets, one above the other immediately to the right of the mic socket.

The board has CRUSADER FRONT AUDIO BOARD stamped on it, and a barcode label with C0H5713007 FRONT AUDIO BOARD printed on it.

Google searches have yielded nothing so far, I was hoping someone on here could help with either a likely parts supplier, or if someone had a broken Spirit, I would be happy to purchase their audio board.

Please help...thank you

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev.

I have thought about this, doesn't look too difficult a solder job, but I haven't been able to find an idiot guide on how to do this yet. I am looking into it though, but if I could find a replacement board I would be a whole lot happier!

Gary

Sponsored Links
Try your local Household Recycling Centre, ours has loads of dumped computers and electronic gear in a seperate container.

I often have a rummage when I take some garden waste to the tip and they will let me bring away a couple of computers to strip down for a fiver in their tea kitty.
You would be surprised how 'complete' most computers are when they are ditched.
dave

Hi Kev,

Thanks again for the advice.

Any chance you could let me know where you bought the part from ?

I am struggling to find the right thing, despite it appearing to be a fairly standard looking socket!

Gary

Gary,

Sounds like you are pretty happy taking things apart, I'd seriously recommend buying a new soundcard, something like a creative sound blaster live would probably do and will only cost a couple of quid from ebay. Whip teh case of and get it installed in a spare PCI slot, install the drivers (from CD / creative website) then get back to your strumming :)

Seems much less hassle than re-soldering or trying to source parts from Packard Bell !!

Hi there.

The item I need has a headphone jack & a mic jack, standard 3.5mm connectors. Also has 2 USB sockets, one above the other immediately to the right of the mic socket.

Please help...thank you

Gary.

I know it's one year later, but I just spotted this when trying to find a spare disc drive for a similar machine. I'm using this one, a 500, for a firewall, and I don't need the audio panel. Mine only has one USB though. If you want it, reply and we can work out how to get it to you. If they aren't the same, I'm a professional electronics engineer, and I don't mind doing a 1 out of 2 for you.

Best wishes

Mike

Hi there.

I have a 4yo Packard Bell Spirit 550 PC which has served me well over the years. I mainly use it for some gaming, but also for recording audio (me playing the rockstar with my guitar actually!)

I normally just plug in via the mic socket on the front panel, and normally use the accompanying headphone socket so I don't annoy the neighbours.

Unfortunately, the headphones managed to be left plugged in to the front panel after a particularly late session, with the result that in the morning, one of my kids tripped over the wire, taking the socket with him.

RESULT...

One bust front audio board. I have removed the board from the pc in the hope that I could source a replacement.

Packard Bell Customer Services referred me to their warranty department, who then referred me to their Spares Service (a third-party supplier who is nothing to do with Packard Bell). They were unable to help as Packard Bell have not yet provided them with part number lists!

The board has CRUSADER FRONT AUDIO BOARD stamped on it, and a barcode label with C0H5713007 FRONT AUDIO BOARD printed on it.

Google searches have yielded nothing so far, I was hoping someone on here could help with either a likely parts supplier, or if someone had a broken Spirit, I would be happy to purchase their audio board.

Please help...thank you

Gary.

I have that, but the connectors won't plug into the mainboard, unfortunately...the box is an amalgamation of collected goods, that work together. But my girls computer works fine without it..so I ain't gonna be selling it.

Hi I have just broken up my dads machine and have one such item on ebay for 99p

ref CRUSADER FRONT AUDIO BOARD C0H5724939

item ref 320752604514

Sponsored Links
Back