Paint brands and quality...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an entire refurbished flat to paint and am not sure which brand to go with. I'm only using white matt and eggshell matt, but there are so many brands:
e.g. Dulux trade Leyland, Macpherson, permoglaze, sandtex all seem popular

Is there any noticable difference beween the brands and is there a particular one the trade tend to use?

Sponsored Links
My preferences (Ive tried most over the years) are;
For white emulsion - Crown
For white Eggshell - Leyland,crown or Dulux in that order.
Buy frome a trade outlet , the paint formula is different & superior in quality to the Crown/Dulux etc. that you can buy from DIY stores..
Ask at the trade counterss if you dont believe me ;)

Sponsored Links
lol, yes , I suppose :)
But seriously, Google it if you can,or ring Crown etc. or buy a can of each from ,say, B&Q and Brewers and try them.. The DIY stuff is formulated/mixed for 'ease of use' ie. diluted..
If Im trying to earn wages painting I dont want the hassle of extended drying times & extra coats due to inferior pigmentation/reduced opacity
They presume 'tradesmen' will uderstand how to dilute (if neccessary) or have the quality brushes needed to apply the paint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back