Paint brush with replaceable head

OP - don't sell your house to invest in detachable head paintbrushes. Stopping a few wooden handles going to landfill will make zero difference to the environment.

I'm out!

Sponsored Links
I bought some very cheap fitch brushes online last year and the heads automatically detached when you dipped them in paint.

Sponsored Links
Most pros with quality brushes don't need to clean them....

https://brushmate.co.uk/paint-brush-storage/

Think it would be less damaging to the environment if they chucked their old brushes and bought new ones!
This is the MSDS for the product in that link. Add to the fact that it is a vapour action, if the lid isn't completely sealed you are going to get a lungful if it is in your van and leaking.

SECTION 2: Hazards identification 2.1. Classification of the substance or mixture Classification (EC 1272/2008) Physical hazards Flam. Liq. 3 - H226 Health hazards Skin Irrit. 2 - H315 Eye Dam. 1 - H318 Skin Sens. 1 - H317 Carc. 2 - H351 STOT SE 3 - H336 STOT RE 1 - H372 Asp. Tox. 1 - H304 Environmental hazards Aquatic Chronic 2 - H411

I sometimes wonder how these can be classed as for use in a domestic setting.

BRUSH MATE Fluid Hazard statements H226 Flammable liquid and vapour. H304 May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways. H315 Causes skin irritation. H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction. H318 Causes serious eye damage. H336 May cause drowsiness or dizziness. H351 Suspected of causing cancer. H372 Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure. H411 Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Precautionary statements P260 Do not breathe vapour/ spray. P262 Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. P271 Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. P280 Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection. P301+P310 IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor. P331 Do NOT induce vomiting. P305+P351+P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. The material and container must be disposed of as hazardous waste. Supplemental label information EUH066 Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Contains ETHYL METHYL KETOXIME, Hydrocarbons, C9-12, n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cyclics, (2-25%) aromatics, BUTANOL-norm, HYDROCARBONS, C9, aromatics, CYCLOHEXANONE

Nowadays I'll still wash a brush if I've been using emulsion but if it's anything else I just chuck 'em out and use a new one on the next job

I'm the opposite, I always clean my brushes and they last me years. And when I say years.....................

Remembered this thread when I was doing a bit of masonary paint on a small wall today. Happened to glance at the handle of the 6" brush I was using - and realised it had 'UBM' printed on the handle. They probably went out of business in the late 80s/early 90s - but I'm sure the brush was bought 10 years before then.

So when I say I make a paint brush last years.............. :ROFLMAO:

(And for anyone under the age of 45, UBM (United Builders Merchants) were the Travis Perkins or Jewsons of the 70s/80s.)

Back