Paint Chipping. Please Help =)

lia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! Wow I never thought DIY would be so hard. I'm moving into a new house right now and trying to make one room livable before I start on everything else. The problem I am having is with the old paint. Its taking forever to chip it all off. Is it necessary to chip all of the old paint off before applying a new coat? We are in Florida and the climate is extremely humid. The old paint is almost all falling off on its own but there are pretty big patches that require more work than scraping. Its been three days and it seems like I havent made much progress. Is this normal? Should I just move onto sanding? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

please note forum rule 5

Sponsored Links
lia
I would use an electric sander ...... an then use a primer on the walls , then get advice from your local paint store which paint is best for your area/humidity
hope this helps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back