paint chips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have some minor ,but nevertheless unsightly,paint chips on the bodywork of my car and i have purchased a small two pack kit of matching paint and lacquer. Can someone tell me the best way to apply these please as there are no adequate instructions with the kit . I have also found a tiny rust spot of about 1/8" in dia and i would like to deal with this now before it spreads. I suppose i should bring it down to the bare metal to remove any evidence of the rust but what is the best preventative treatment after that?

Sponsored Links
get rid of any loose paint and dirt and make sure the area is clean,apply the paint in small amounts and build up the layers rather than one big blob,any rust should be treated with a product from someone like kurust before top coating

Many thanks for your response although i would like to apologize for the lateness of my gratitude due to me having been sent out of the UK on business at very short notice.

Zorro

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember haynes manuals used to have an (somewhat anal I seem to remember) extract about repairing dents and touching up, maybe worth browsing a copy in halfords or similar for useful tips.

Back