Paint chips

Sponsored Links
So my dealer took photos but couldn't decide on a warranty claim.

As they don't have a bodyshop, I'm going to a Ford bodyshop this Saturday for them to inspect the paintwork

The saga continues....

Stick with it if you can matey.....they are just hoping that you’ll go away.
It makes you wonder how many people need to see the bloody thing before a decision can be made. If you continue to lay it on thick you should get there.
Stay in touch!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Went to a Ford bodyshop yesterday morning.
Within seconds the guy said the white marks were on top of the paint, not chips and not covered under warranty Said they would polish out.

So today my brother and I used top quality polish and the marks are not on the paint The polish didn't touch them.

I can get the bonnet resprayed for £200 to £300 pounds but I'm not sure how good it will be I need the car for work and can't be without it..

All in all, I'm not impressed with the quality of the paintwork.

Ye gods if a body shop man can't tell the difference between a chip and a splash then there's no hope left :eek:
If you were offered a paint job at cost maybe you could ask for a courtesy vehicle for the duration?
In my own experience, I've found resprayed panels very good, and the paint is of course thicker than before so its more durable.
If you haven't any energy left after this one you couldn't be blamed.....an absolute farce.
If these are chips we are dealing with, your polish would have highlighted them and made them more visible, I'd wager.

Thanks for your comments John.

It would be interesting to see how much a respray at trade price would be.

If I can find a bodyshop open on my way home from work I'll pop in and see what they say

Just emailed the purchasing dealership asking for assistance.

Last edited:
Taking it to the bodyshop again. This time they will buffer the bonnet. This will cost me £45 plus vat.

Really hope they can't sort it so they have to paint it.

Fed up with the whole saga now and I'm using a day off to prat about.

Forgive my naivety, but this thread has me a little confused.....

In the opening post, the OP said they thought they'd been blasted with road grit.
What fault is that, of Ford?

Genuine question.

(FWIW, I once had a radiator punctured by grit: speeding gritter shot blasted me, as it passed me):evil:

The vast amount of paintwork warranties don't cover paint chips...fair enough in many ways, but if the paint has proved to be too brittle or just not adhering then there could be a claim - it just depends on what a 'reasonable' amount of damage is. I would say that 20 or so chips in a short time was excessive - but not if you are constantly in roadworks o_O
Upon inspection a body shop claimed that the marks were on top of the paint - I've seen this before too. Some stuff just sits on top of the paint and can almost be picked off with a finger nail - other etches through.
I guess we need to find if the problem is the former or the latter.

Sponsored Links
Back