Anyone else use "Chips Away"?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have had the chips and scratches touched in on my cars for some years.

In the past they used a tiny airbush to spay paint into the chip, then level the surface flush with the existing paint. The repairs are undetectable and last time the car looked like new.

I just had my car looked at by the new franchisee, he says that now they use water-based paint, and he dabs it into the chips with a small brush instead of spraying.

Has anyone had it done this way, and what do you think of it?

Sponsored Links
The repairs are undetectable and last time the car looked like new.
I don't see how you could improve on that.

I just had my car looked at by the new franchisee, he says that now they use water-based paint, and he dabs it into the chips with a small brush instead of spraying.
Hm.

A good coachworks would charge about £170 to respray a panel properly with 2-pac paint and laquer, not water based rubbish.

here we are:

Before

View media item 696
After

View media item 697
The stone chips on the snout are camouflaged, but not as undetectable as they used to be when they were airbrushed.

I got all the chips and scratches done, all round the car, and some damage on the bumper resprayed and lacquered, £176

Sponsored Links
As they are a franchise, service and quality seem to vary depending on which franchise you go to - this shouldn't really be the case with franchises, but then if you think about it there's always that McDonalds you'd never go back to because it gave you a bad gut etc. - so it happens to the biggest and most organised ones too.
Read a long thread on them once elsewhere, and the varying level of service between two chips away places some 30 miles apart is shocking (OK if you pick the right one of course!)

Is there another way to do this yourself? I've got quite a few chips. Tried halfrauds touch-up but it's useless.

Oh & how much did it cost?

Back