Paint for swimming pool ceiling.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just completed an extension to house a small swimming pool, the walls and floors will all be tiled but the ceiling will be painted - can we use normal bathroom type emulsion or should we use an oil based paint on the plaster finish?

Sponsored Links
Officially its chlorinated rubber paint

But I reckon acryliv eggshell wii do the job.

There’s no need to use chlorinated rubber based paint in a domestic pool, the chemicals are far less corrosive than a commercial pool. Secondly it doesn’t look very nice and is only available in a few basic colours. For domestic pools Dulux Trade Mouldshield Fungicidal Eggshell can be used which will look better and is available in any colour.

I used gallons of Clorinated rubber when i contracted at the North West water painting the pumping stations and sewage works. Used because of the amonia in the p*@ss Smelly work. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Try Classidur Tradition covers in 1 coat has anti mould in it we applied it years ago onto a varnished ceiling without sanding and it is still as good as the day we applied it to our swimming pool ceiling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back