Paint for upvc windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have some upvc windows and doors which are brown on the outside and white inside - probably at least 10 years old. The rest of the house is white outside and inside.

I'd like to paint the brown outside upvc in white. I can find references to painting white upvc in white but not changing brown to white.

Wondered if anyone has any ideas or can help please ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dulux do one Called Weathershield exterior UPVC Paint. Comes in Brilliant white. Would be perfectly ok to paint your windows with it. Not to sure about the U/C though. You would be best to go to www. dulux.co.uk and then go to the contacts section. There is no results in the search for your querie I checked. Use the web based questionere or phone them the numbers supplied ;)

Have never used it myself so can give no advice re the finish or how easy it is to use etc etc but someone else may have:cool: Good luck.

thanks for this - I'll have a look at dulux - also thought about zinsers bin which I've used in the past to seal walls and mdf and seems to stick to almost anything

plastic windows are flexible...you might get away with two coats of oil based gloss..ive done it before...rub em down with fine wet and dry first though

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back