Paint, leave natural or render or even dryline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a 1850s Sandstone House, we have ripped out all of the old pinboard (old fibreboard) in the living room.

With the 4 walls we have one nice one which I am repairing and repointing so would like to leave this natural above the fireplace and and maybe paint the wall next to it as is also being repointed - What paint should I use

The other walls are not in such good repair so would like to either apply some render or should I go back to drylining but use more modern plaster board like celotex with a vapour barrier and some insulation.

Any suggestions or advice much appreciated

[GALLERY=media, 17805][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 17803][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 17804][/GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wanted to keep the stone effect on the fire and the wall to the side but the other walls dont look so good so wanted to either render or dryline but not sure which and which render mix or which plasterboard due to needing the walls to breath

Here is the pics of the other walls

This pic is of my DIY step father repointing the fireplace

there is a fairly new process called Deco pierre I saw at the Home builders show that is made to look like stone. Over old or new walls. The bloke said they had made the stand on plasterboard but it looked a felt like stone. Sure they must be on the net but it might be one word. Decpierre and not a DIY thing.

Just had a look - very interesting, anyone got first hand experience of this technique?

Found the leaflet and on webbed it too, they are in Manchester and have worked all over UK and France. There are a few films on youtube the name on account is kkhhoona ???
Hope this helps

PS the card with my brochure has Pete Johnson on it 0800 630 0010

cheers

Harley

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back