Paint Manufacturers - BS Colour Codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Would anybody know if there is a cross referenced list of paint colour codes available for some paint manufacturers such as Dulux, Sandtex, Crown, Leyland & Johnstones? What I hope to be able to do is to be able to use the colour codes to get the equivalent colours for the manufacturers from a readily compiled table

Or, do I need to create a cross reference table by sourcing the colour codes per manufacturer individually and then build a table. I have the British Standard Colour Charts listing the codes and wish to put a paint colour name to these per paint manufacturer.

Rgds
Jack

Sponsored Links
The British Standard colours are the same for each manafacturer. Each manafacturer may have a different name for their own colour but it should be exactly the same. If a paint has a BS number, then this will be on the tin. There isnt a list at the moment to cross reference all the colour names with each other and the BS number.

Sponsored Links
Dont forget about RAL colours

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAL_(color_space_system)

Used more than BS in the commerical arena

One needs to be aware of certain RAL colours as they can be hard (expensive) to mix due to the pigments used my decorator store advises.

The advantage of BS colours is that they can be mixed in whatever paint type you like - 2-pack vehicle paint, yacht paint, masonary, standard gloss etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back