paint peeling on ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

On Monday morning my wife saw on the dining room ceiling the paint was flaking, as I scrapped off the flaking paint I saw the plaster appeared damp but it then dried very quickly once I removed the flaking paint. There isnt a water stain on the plaster or the surrounding paint.

Above the dining room is a bathroom, and no one had a shower or bath that morning, the wife did have a bath on Sunday evening. I've tried having the bath tub full of hot water to replicate what the wife did but there is no sign of damp / moisture, water leaking or anything. I thought it could be a radiator leak but checked in the morning and throughout the day nothing.

I removed the bath panel to double check underneath but there is any leaks at all there.

So a bit of a loss on what the issue could be. The house is a new build circa 5 year old, so dont know if its just a bad paint job on the ceiling. No sign of any flaking or bubbling anywhere else on the ceiling.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Condensation from an over-boiled kettle? But, most likely a leak from above.

Check the inlet to the bottom of the cistern, open the basin taps and check the waste, also check and flexible connectors going to all taps, Spray the mixer to see if it leaks around the base and goes through.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Also check the bath overflow, spray the shower head on and around it and check the bath waste.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back