Paint pine doors or remove varnish?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 6 pine doors, 3 have been up for a few years and I gave them right a few coats of varnish as at the time I was going for the antic look. The other 3 have not been touched as yet.

Now I had all the door frames and skirting replaced also to pine wood and have some of them varnished (2 coats) as I move through the flat.

I have reached a dilemma as I don't know whether to replace the 3 antic pine looking doors or just paint all the doors, say white!

Painting would help me in the sense of covering up holes where the old handles used to be etc and save me on buying new doors plus the cost of fitting. But There is something to be said for clear pine doors.

Should I purchase varnish remover for the 3 already varnished doors? Replace them? Or paint them all white (or another colour)?

What would your personal opinions be?

Sponsored Links
Paint them white.

"All things are possible to him that believeth.”

It's a personal choice this one but I'd always try to retain the natural beauty of the wood.

Just my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back