Paint Runs/Drips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've agreed to help a neighbour out whose husband started painting the woodwork in their dining room (but was hospitalised and unable to finish it). There are three panelled doors to the room, all of which have drips/runs here and there (mainly just beneath the beading). Oil based satinwood. He did the work a few weeks ago so the paint is now dry, although it needs another coat.

I haven't had this problem before as I normally keep an eye out for runs while I am painting and sort them out before it starts to dry.

Your recommended methods of remedying these now-dry runs would be appreciated! Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to techniques/what to use.

Sponsored Links
Emily, It may not be particularly the best way, but if the runs are still quite fresh, then I use the small tin blade holder for window glass scraping with a brand new razor blade and slice them off at an angle, finishing with a sand.

I do have the plastic glass scraper made for the stanley blades, but the angles not right for the slicing action, so I have the cheap tin thing with razor blades. (toolstation have them)
Cut very carefully to avoid marking the rest of the paint.

If the runs are years old, then I use the course mesh sander.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back