Paint sample patches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Wondering if you could give me some advice.

We put some dulux sample patches on our walls and chose a colour. Before painting the new colour I rollered a couple of coats of white over the patches, let dry for a day and then painted the new paint in two coats.

Problem is now where I have painted over those patches you can see this!

How do I fix? I know adding more Matt emulsion won't work. So what do I do now? Sand back the areas where I see the patches? Then recoat the whole wall? Or what?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I hate it when clients paint samples on the walls. They normally use a crap brush and put it on really thickly. I spend ages trying to sand back the heavy brush marks without affecting the texture of the surrounding emulsion.

I always try to give then some lining paper to paint the sample on to and some low tack tape so that they can move the sample around the room according to the shifting day light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back