Patchy paint over paint samples

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently had my bedroom replastered and have painted the walls. There are definite patches on the walls where I painted the paint samples and even though the walls have had two coats. I can't seem to get rid of the textural difference where the paint samples were. You can't see the colour, just the textural difference (almost striped effect). I have since sanded these back a bit but now the textural difference is even more noticeable as some sections look smoother and some rougher, even after Ive gone over it with the roller. Can anyone offer any advice how to get rid of these marks?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sample pots are dreadful things should be banned !!!

Customers splodge these on the walls then expect a decorator to cover them up with a paint shade 20 times lighter

Lightly rub down apply a couple of good coats (trade) white Emulsion to the walls, and start again with the colour you chose,

Being an old fashioned type of decorator I would use an Emulsion Brush to apply the emulsion, ceiling and walls, Rollers are ok quick , easy but can leave an uneven finish.

Bosswhite is right, ha! Ha! they always paint the sample right in the middle of the wall, never near the window return out of the way. Two coats isn't enough to get rid of the shadow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back