Paint sprayer

• Thread starter Deleted member 307320
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 307320

What sort of paint sprayer should I be looking at for home use?

I've got a compressor and some guns which I use for spraying cars, but I'm thinking of getting something for general decorating and outdoor use (I've got a fence and a shed to paint which is what's got me thinking at the moment)

Is airless better for this sort of thing? I don't really understand the difference to be honest!

I'm not one for going cheap with tools, so if someone can recommend a decent mid-range one which will do my fence as well as my walls and ceilings that would be great!

Sponsored Links
An airless will be be able to deal with thicker paints than a HVLP.

Wagner have reasonably priced airless sprayers and accessories such as lances for spaying ceilings.

An airless will be be able to deal with thicker paints than a HVLP.

Wagner have reasonably priced airless sprayers and accessories such as lances for spaying ceilings.

Thanks!

Are Wagner a good brand? I'm looking for DeWalt/Makita sort of value (as opposed to cheapo Erbauer/Titan, or premium/pricey kit like Festool!)

I've got a whole house (and garden!) to paint, so maybe a handheld unit would get a bit heavy... What are the advantages/disadvantages of the floor standing unit with a boom and hose?

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back