Paint Tins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a minor disaster with an old tin of white emulsion paint ! Fortunately I was outside the house, took off the lid to give the paint a stir. The tin had rusted internally and a large hole appeared, allowing a quantity of paint onto the patio and my shoes. It was quite a mess, but swift action with a hosepipe sorted it out, more or less.
I'll never again buy a water-based paint in a metal container, from now on it's plastic containers only.
That's my advice to you, too !

Sponsored Links
alternatively, buy tins the right size and throw away the 1 inch of paint that you don't use.?

you think you are getting a better deal buying the 5L cans, but if you only use half a tin and store the rest then you're wasting money..

:LOL:

If ever you have paint to 'store' for a short while, then make sure the lid is 'on' nice and tight, then stand the tin upside down, that way the 'skin' will be at the bottom of the paint next time you open the tin !!!!!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ed

And despite you using 1/2 a tin of paint last time, when you open it next time will look like it has magically been refilled :D

Sponsored Links
I just clingfilm directly the top of the paints surface before putting the lid back on - no skin, and if the lid is loose / works loose then it does not matter as it does not dry out. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back