paint - trade or retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any more info on little greene paint?..web site etc?

What is your view of the Dulux Heritage range?....im using it at the moment, it has excellent flow (better than dulux) very good opacity and very flat finish.

Cost wise its a little more than Dulux but certainly a lot less than F&B.

I agree about leyland paint....their gloss is chronic.....Jonstones make same good products and always try that little bit harder to bring out something new.

As for Dulux Diamond Matt...hate the stuff....its the only matt emulsion I know of that has a sheen!....but the biggest problem I had with it was after cutting a wall in....rolled up to the edge of the cutting in...and it lifted it off!

Dulux ignored critisms at first giving the standard 'we havnt heard of that happening' answer...but are aware of the problems now, in the trade centre I used about ten paintrs have bought it back saying they arn't happy with it.

Sponsored Links
Go to www.designercolours.com to look at Little Greene - you can see the colours on it but I'd recommend ordering a pack of colour charts from them - you get quite a bit in there that I hadn't even seen before. Just ordered some 'Devine' paint from them today for my living room - don't know whether it'll be any good. Will let you know...

As for Dulux Heritage, I agree - really good opacity - i got it in my own halls, stairs and landing - Roman White

Funny what you say about the diamond matt - so far I haven't heard a single complaint about what you're saying

Minul said:
Go to www.designercolours.com to look at Little Greene - you can see the colours on it but I'd recommend ordering a pack of colour charts from them - you get quite a bit in there that I hadn't even seen before. Just ordered some 'Devine' paint from them today for my living room - don't know whether it'll be any good. Will let you know...

As for Dulux Heritage, I agree - really good opacity - i got it in my own halls, stairs and landing - Roman White

Funny what you say about the diamond matt - so far I haven't heard a single complaint about what you're saying

Cheers for the link i'll check that out.

They may have re formulated it recently...I really had an horrendous time with it and got a credit on 3 gallons...which was handy as the customers, allthough happy with my work refused to pay for the paint as she wanted a flat finish...I cant remember the figures but Dulux said that it has a sheen value of so an so percent.....higher than traditional matt.

The other problem people had was it isnt as scrubbable as they make out...they have a bit of 'small print' when describing its cleanability.

Oh..and ..welcome to the forum by the way... :D

Interesting thread, all!

Which brand would you recommend for the humble Magnolia or similar colour? We've been through the bold colour stage, and are now entering the 'neutrals with highlights' stage. We want to do the whole of downstairs and the landing, so we'd like a paint that will last a good while, please, but will keep us on budget! It will need to go in the kitchen/diner as well.

Comments appreciated.
Many thanks
:)

Sponsored Links
Ok, just used the Devine paint in colour 'custard' - it actually goes on how i think custard would! nice! good flow and good coverage. I used their 'Delicate' finish, which is like a soft sheen.

As for the diamond matt you are right about the sheen level, but at least its not as much as soft sheen.

Jray, as for the Magnolia colour - this Devine range has a lot of nice neutrals - take a look - although i'm not sure if it's over your budget - £37.99 for 5L of 'Delicate' finish. Wow i love the paint though which now looks BRILLIANT in my living room.

If you want something pretty durable but not as expensive go for Little Greene acrylic matt or satin (about £32) which is washable.

But if your kitchen is gonna get a lot of condensation use acrylic eggshell which is available in any make.

Glidden is a decent all round paint..cheaper than Dulux and normally does the job in two coats.

Zampa said:
As for Dulux Diamond Matt...hate the stuff....its the only matt emulsion I know of that has a sheen!....but the biggest problem I had with it was after cutting a wall in....rolled up to the edge of the cutting in...and it lifted it off!
Hmm thats just what happend to me! I rekon its got a short shelf life so gone back to soft sheens.

That dulux aqua gloss! It stays tacky, dulux says just paint it again :eek:
You have to wash brushes out in white spirit as well as under tap :eek: Several years since I tried it when it first came out, so, have they not sorted it yet? I used the gloss up on rads quite good but needed 2 coats smell was a bit different. tooo pricey to try again till im sure.

Oh yes....I forgot about the 'staying tacky' bit....I recently used it in a care home as water based stuff is ideal, quick drying, low odour, and non yellowing.

Well thats what other water based products are like,,including Dulux's old water based stuff...

But this stuff!......hideous!.....very good sheen for a waterbased....but thats about it...and its a scream to hear Dulux's tec people trying to defend it on their helplines,

They have sacraficed the opacity, odour and drying time for a higher sheen level...and it hasnt worked.

Beleive me, this product isnt going to be around for long.

Many thanks, Minul. A 'tad' over budget :eek: but still worth a look!
:D

post locked to prevent hi-jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back