painter new render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm looking to paint a new rendered wall. I see so many flakey old rendered walls where the paint has not lasted. I'm going to dilute the paint and put on 2 thin cotes then 1 top coat, but is there anything else i can do or paint additives that stop the paint coming off.
Also how long would render typically take to loose moisture that might lift the paint.
Any advice would be appreciated

chris

Sponsored Links
As long as the render is dry it will be fine..but i would only thin the first coat..keep the next two coats as they are in the tin..the thicker the paint the more protection.

A lot of the paint on rendering peels because people mistakenly think you have to give it a coat of stabilising solution first...you dont, thats only need if the render is powdery.

Just give it a good brush down with a stiff broom to remove any loose particles of sand and away to go....

I must say i was going to put 2 thin coats on first, but i guess 1 will do it
cheers for the advice

chris :)

Sponsored Links
Oh and in case you catch this...a lot of paint flakes because the first coat was too thick...just thought id chuck that in too...good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back