Painting a new bathroom radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As my existing bathroom radiator (a CenterRad Compact Double Convector - only 2 years old) is rusting to hell and back along the base I'm thinking of buying a new one.

As a preventative measure I was wondering if it was worth giving the replacement an extra coat of radiator paint before fitting it.

Would that help to prevent rust forming on the new one? Or isn't it likely to make any difference?

Sponsored Links
no dont paint your new radiator, check your ventillation it sounds as though condensate is forming on your rad and running down the rad and sitting on the bottom causing the corrossion

They don't make em like they used to.
But rusting at the bottom of a bathroom radiator is usual in the bathroom.
Keep the room well ventilated after any steam has developed.

Thanks for the replies. The bathroom usually has the door open so should be well ventilated, but as the radiator is behind the door ........ perhaps I'll just try and remember to wipe the base after having a bath. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back