Painting behind radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Until now I've always removed radiators while decorating but this time I decided to make it the last time I'd need to in this particular room.

The plastic frame is set in about 20mm from the outer edge of the radiator making it easy to either paint or paper up to the frame with the radiator in place.

Ray

CIMG1673.JPG CIMG1676.JPG CIMG1677.JPG CIMG1679.JPG

Sponsored Links
Thank you Nigel,
Out of interest the frame was fixed using mastic and the foil with Solvite ready mixed paste.
Ray

Hi Ray. I may steal your idea - Where did you get the PVC trim from. Is it readily available or do you have to get it in from angel plastics or similar?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for sharing the Info Ray.

Really appreciate it

Nigel

I'll remember this for when I re-paper the living room, excellent idea!.

Very easy to loosen either end, lift and lower rad to 90 degrees and support without removing to paint behind.

Very smart! Do you notice the benefit of the foil? Physically or financially?

Thank you,

Sorry for the delay ... I haven't noticed any difference for having the foil but it is an outside wall and must be doing something beneficial.

Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back