Painting concrete blocks internally

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I started painting these yesterday. I've noticed that when i apply with masonary roller or paint brush the paint does not go on properly.
I mean i have never painted external before just wood/metal. The blocks seem to be leaving small holes or gaps where paint does not reach until you go over it with another brush several times.
Do i need to thin paint a little as at this rate i will finish 10L paint after 2 walls.
the area is about 30m2 and it says 16m2/L so i should only use about less than third of tub.
What I'm I doing wrong? The blocks seem very dry and when i brush them they are little dusty. But i have brushed them a little as they have just been built 4 weeks ago.

Sponsored Links
you should have applied at least one mist coat thinned with water to a milky consistency. Apply it with a brush. You may need to scrub it into the surface to fill the pores. The thinned coats will soak in and disappear. You will know you have applied enough when the wall no longer sucks your brush dry.

you should have applied at least one mist coat thinned with water to a milky consistency. Apply it with a brush. You may need to scrub it into the surface to fill the pores. The thinned coats will soak in and disappear. You will know you have applied enough when the wall no longer sucks your brush dry.
Thanks, i knew there was someone here with the know how.
Good thing i only did half a wall.
Is the amount 1part water 7 parts paint 15-20%??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back