painting close to the edge on ceilings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I would appreciate some help on painting up to the edge of ceilings. I have been using a roller on the main part of the ceiling but have been applying the paint at the edge of the ceilings using a 1 inch brush.

Trouble is, I get a shed load of ceiling paint onto the walls. I have been “stabbing” the brush into the joint between walls and ceiling. Should I be applying paint this way, or should I brush it along the edge of the ceiling???

Bearing in mind that the walls will be painted in magnolia (ceiling is white), following the ceiling, does it really matter if when painting the ceiling I get white paint on the walls, as it will later be covered in magnolia???

Cheers

Sub

Sponsored Links
I do not think you should worry about the white going onto the walls. The wall paint will cover it ok as long as you using good paint aqnd using correct number of coats.This is my experience anyway.

Cheers for your help, any other pro's want to add anything into the pot?

It pays to come down on to the wall, this will give you a clean edge to cut in to when you paint the walls.

Sponsored Links
I didn't undersrand your stabbing idea.

I use a 2" or 4" brush, whatevers to hand, for the edges, and hold it at a slant to get into the angle. It's fine to get ceiling paint on the walls as you will be painting over it, but you have to be a lot more careful not to get wall paint on the ceiling.

Stabbing seems bound to make a bit of a mess and you'll have to use a slant or some other method when doing the tops of the walls.

If you get a 2" Anza brush from B&Q you'll find getting a good line is a doddle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back