Painting - Condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,
Decorating a small bedroom this weekend. The bedroom is at the corner of the house and I can see some black mould in the exposed corner and around the window. There are also some runs in the old paint work above the lintil. The walls of the area in question are pretty cold so its got to be condensation related over time. How can I best protect against this now I'm re-docorating? Should I use bathroom+kitchen paint (the rest of the room is fine), or are there other/better options?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Fist solve the issue, is it due to poor ventilation?

Next check out a brand called Zinsser I have used their products on my mould laden bathroom ceiling and it sorted it, years later no sign of mould regrowth.

May take several steps, kill mould, stain block etc.

Contact them with pics and they will point you in the right direction.

Fist solve the issue, is it due to poor ventilation?

It's probably as good as it can be... small bedroom, exhaling all night and a cold wall. I'll check the zinsser range. I was wondering about this also 'ronseal condensation paint'

It could be brilliant, would compare on Screwfix or similar, somewhere where you can trust the reviews.

I can only say that my entire bathroom ceiling was covered in mould and had been overpainted by the previous owner, in short, a mess.

An electrician told me to scrap and start again.

There was no fan in the bathroom.

Zinsser worked and continues to do so amazing stuff (I do not have shares) ;0

Sponsored Links
Zinsser worked and continues to do so amazing stuff (I do not have shares) ;0

Went with Zinsser and really easy to apply. Only thing I would say is it was a little difficult to emulsion over in places, needed lot of coats. Next time would put a couple of mist coats over the top of treated area before 2 full coats of emulsion. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back