Painting crack in brick windowsill

Doggit: what two part resin? I am looking for the link. Do you mean woodfiller?

Sponsored Links
cheers. Sorry, I was looking but obviously not hard enough.

you said it's a pig to sand if it hardens completely. presumably, it's wet and malleable when i get it in. So, are you saying that I need to sand it after this state but before fully hardened? Would an electric sanding tool help?

also, you say this surface has to be dust free. I was going to sand and clean the surface first, and then clean the crack with hoover and water. I just looked. Dust guns are cheap. this part should be no problem.

so just sanding sounds like an issue.

There are 2 sides to the resin tube, and they mix in the tube as you press it out, so the tubes useless once you use it and can't be reused. So you need to be prepared to do all the filling in one go. Yes, it's soft and squidgy as you pump it in, and then it'll start to harden, so if you want to rub it down, you've got to do it before it goes really solid. Hoover, wet, let dry, and then fill. And best of luck.

Sponsored Links
ah. ok. so start sanding when it begins to be sandable (if that's a word).

ok. I will give it a whirl. What are my options if it hardens too much? presumably, I just have to sand like crazy to get it to look good? As I said, I have an electric tool, so that should help.

Doggit: what two part resin? I am looking for the link. Do you mean woodfiller?

If you don't have a Screwfix near by, Leyland SDM sell their own brand (which is made by Chemfix) and other brands as well.

If the crack is only a few mm deep, it may be the case that someone used something like JetCem. By all accounts it is too hard and eventually cracks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back