Painting door frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new in here and this is my first post. Well I have 8 interior doors to replace soon for white ones, that is the easy part, the hard part is I want to paint the door frames white. Currently the doors and frames are what look to be stained a dark colour (mahogony) perhaps not sure. What is the best way to paint over the frames, surely I'll have to sand them all down that'll take me weeks, is there a better option for this job anyone know ?
Thanks Lee. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Is that what you call it ? if you take the door out of the equation i.e. take it off it's hinges then your left with the surrounding frame

Lee.

Get stuck in and it wont take you long.
Wet and dry down with sugar soap and one of those kitchen green abrasive pads for the mouldings, undercoat one, see what it looks like, if not good enough, undercoat again then topcoat.

Job finished.......relax and watch "Love Island."

Sponsored Links
Love Island is funny as ****. Yes, up here in Scotland we call them 'facings'.

You dont say if the frames are varnished, if so, you would need to give them a good sand down to get rid of the shinyness,to give your frames a key to take the undercoat,if its dark wood, you would probably have to U/C at least 2-3 times, depending how much it covers the stain, then do your top coat, if your going for satinwood, I would do 2 coats as a top coat. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back