Front door colour advice...wooden door and PVC windows dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a property with rosewood upvc windows and front door with side panel. The door has seen better days so I want to swap it out with a wooden one set into a wooden frame. The windows are fine though and their colour is rosewood (a kind of dark brown pvc wood effect). Ive been looking around for colour ideas and its seems with a brown door frame alot of colours tend to clash. Front door frames seem to be white more often than not but I wasnt going to swap out all the windows just so I can get a white door frame. Any ideas of suggestions?

I have seen a rosewood paint available but im pretty sure it wont paint on a fake grain. So i'll almost definitely use this on the door frame but not sure which colours I should consider for the front door?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
You can get paint for uPVC, if you can't currently afford to replace the uPVC with proper windows

I forgot to mention I already have bought an oak door and the wood for the frame. I might swap the windows out in the future but was really trying to make it look acceptable for a couple of years whilst I decide. The current PVC door has a split skin and full of chips. Not to mention is hung wonky and flexes quite alot too so not ideal for security.

Sponsored Links
black frame with an oak door?

Anthracite grey? (RAL9016)

White would probably look ok, doors dont have to match the windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back