painting exterior prep advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have been rollering on Sandtex fungicide but it is such hard work as render is so rough I am having to go over with a brush and the gable end with the extendable rod is not proving satisfactory.

Someone suggested a pump sprayer - Has anyone any recommendations one with a decent extension rod would be good as have some very tall areas to reach.

Also Sandtex is proving expensive and so far done 1/4 of house and used 2 x 5l diluted 1:2 with water. Is there a more cost effective but as thorough alternative - House is very gren and lots of red algae too.

Then I will use our wimpy domestic pressure washer to rinse then plan to paint with wickes own brand masonry paint.

Any tips / suggestions / guidance appreciated . Thank you

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/buildi...terior-painting.366981/#2787984#ixzz2VEOJikcB

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back