Painting Exterior steps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have 5 steps leading up to our front door which I wish to paint a cream colour. Has anyone used a paint which will last a few years and not show signs of wear. It's currently flaking off and looks extremely taccy. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You really need to get rid of everything thats on there now..or youll have the problem over and over

Floor paint is very limited in colours..google around and see if you can find white, red and green...mix the red and green then add the white..you may get something that resembles a pale brown

I wondered about that too...Ok for patio slabs etc but I dont think it will take a lot of foot traffic.

Unless you used a clear exterior floor paint over it maybe

Sponsored Links
cheers guys
I was looking at the International range of quick drying floor paints - they do a sandstone which seemed the most un-offensive colour going. Agree with having to get most of what is on the steps off (it looks like a water based coating judging by the fact that the flakes actually snap off - as the oil based coatings usually have a degree of elasticity when you peel the flakes off)
Suppose I could give that pliolite stuff a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back