Painting Exterior's Hard To Reach Areas? Pole with shield?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've managed to paint the majority of the front of my house. However there is a section above the front door that is very hard to get to by ladder as there is a porch in front of it that doesn't look as if it would hold my weight. Also I can't quite reach the very top of the house where it meets the roof's overhang, by a bout 1 foot.

I would like to get my hands on an extended pole with a roller on the end of it. However, I would like a thin (rubber/plastic?) paint shield at the top of the pole, just above the roller so that I can push it right up to the overhang at the top of the house without worrying that I will get paint on it.
Surely such a thing exists? I can't seem to find anything in Homebase, B&Q or Wickes... and Google brings back nothing of any use.

Failing that what about a paint pad on the end of an extendable pole, as the flat edges would prevent it from marking the over hang if done carefully enough?
I can't seem to find paint pads that would be suitable for masonry paint.

Sponsored Links
Sheet of ply on the porch then it will hold your weight, reason you can't find pole solution is because you cannot exercise precise control over a distance.

I don't think ply would make any difference as it is more a shelter over the front step than a 'porch'. There are no supporting beams or walls, just where it is attached to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back