Painting floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to paint the floorboards in a bedroom which already have what looks like a stain type varnish on them. However I do not want to rub them down and was wondering if I could paint straight over the top?

If so can anyone recommend a good paint for the job. I should add that I am not looking for the paint to last forever as I am doing the house up to sell it although I will be living in it until sold so the floor will be used regularly at the moment.

Sponsored Links
if you dont prepare the floor the new paint will not stick on the surface and the job will look s###. sand the old stuff ;) you never said if by paint you mean stain or varnish or do you mean floor paint :confused:

I mean actual 'floor paint' not stain or varnish.

I dont want to sand it down as it will cause too much hassle.
Just wondered if there was a paint that would stick well enough.

Sponsored Links
you could try johnston water base two pack floor paint about £45 a tin but will go on and do what u want ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back