Painting Floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am decorating a bedroom and I like the idea of having a painted floor.

The floorboards are new.

Can anyone advise on what type of paint I should use? Do I need to seal the floorboards before painting? Do I use knotting on the knots? Do I put a seal on after the main colour?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you some beautiful wood new floorboards?
Know it's down to you, but I would not paint them for a few years.. Painted floors are a bugger to keep looking fab. Stained/varnished wood floor will show less imperfections and wear and tear.

If you are deffo going to paint them then yes, best to sort out any knots with some sort of knotting solution. Not sure which floor paint to recommend because paints have changed so much with the VOC levels changing etc, am not sure which is hard wearing enough. Have a google and see if can find reviews?

Have you some beautiful wood new floorboards?
Know it's down to you, but I would not paint them for a few years.. Painted floors are a bugger to keep looking fab. Stained/varnished wood floor will show less imperfections and wear and tear.

If you are deffo going to paint them then yes, best to sort out any knots with some sort of knotting solution. Not sure which floor paint to recommend because paints have changed so much with the VOC levels changing etc, am not sure which is hard wearing enough. Have a google and see if can find reviews?

Thanks. The bedroom is a guest room so it wont get too much wear.

OK, I will knot the floor and I will look into a decent primer and floor paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back