painting guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have brown plastic guttering that I would like black, besides changing it all can it be painted black and what best to use, any advice please.

Sponsored Links
You know what?

For the work and cost involved in getting two coats of paint on, I would replace it with black.

It may even work out cheaper, Zinsser products aren't cheap!

Black gloss (oil based) will go straight on to plastic no problem. However, for all the bother and ongoing maintenance I would agree with others that replacing with black plastic would be far more sensible.

Sponsored Links
Black gloss may well peal after a time this is less likely to happen if you use Zinsser.
I do however agree that replacing is the best option.

I have never had any gloss peel off a plastic gutter or spout. If its wiped over with white spirit first and dusted off, one coat of thinned black gloss will suffice. If you have the time, the gloss would be cheaper. Even new black gutters will fade in time.

Thanks for all your help folks, think replacing it seems best, that way can also paint the wooden fascia properly between changes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back