guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my brown guttering is so faded that it will need painting,
what would be the best paint to use ?
Do they make a brown guttering that does not fade ?
cheers for any suggestion

Sponsored Links
They all fade in UV light :cry: just use 2 coats of gloss onto a clean surface - Not cleaned with fairy liquid - use sugar soap solution :idea: NO undercoat - it dries more brittle than gloss and is not used/recommended

a polyester powder coated gutter is always the best option, yes all gutters do fade but with an aluminium gutter you get a much better product than upvc

a polyester powder coated gutter is always the best option, yes all gutters do fade but with an aluminium gutter you get a much better product than upvc
....yes and it is impossible to maintain and is pointless if you share a gutter with your neighbour who does not have ally.

Use a locally supplied gutter and you will always have access to bits should you need them.

Sponsored Links
noseall, what do you need to maintain on an aluminium gutter? most good companies offer a 25year paint guarantee on sectional aluminium gutter.

noseall, what do you need to maintain on an aluminium gutter? most good companies offer a 25year paint guarantee on sectional aluminium gutter.
I agree ally gutter has its benefits.

However the popularity of ally is not such that there are companies readily available when you need them.

I have extended a few properties where there was ally gutter or the adjoining neighbours had ally gutter but the lot had to be replaced because of matching problems.

Ally products are a relic just like the old ally windows and siding. Great in the US and Australia, pointless old Blighty.

Zissner do a primer you can paint on upvc.

I used it to prime and paint a new upvc window green to match the paint colour on the farm estate.

Relic,

Are you sure i have worked in the aluminium game for the last 11 years and it is getting stronger each year. Maybe not in the cheap end domestic game because people dont waht to pay for it they dont get the concept that it will out perform upvc over a greater period of time. If you have a good designer/fabricator then matching should never really be a problem. Your problem comes because usually fabricators fob you off by saying they can not match it because for domestic properties there is no quantity/value in doing it.

Also windows is a different keetle of fish i agree for domestic properties aluminium framed windows are a relic, the way forward is the product that has been out for the last few yeards which is a timber frame to the inside of the building with and aluminium extrusion to the outside again out performing upvc by a country mile, but again cheap end of the domestic game dont go for it because of its expence.

Bottom line of it is with aluminium you have to keep moving with the times your opinion of it being a Relic material is very much outdated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back