Painting in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
WOnder if you can help. We've put up some easipanel tongue and groove panelling (http://www.easipanel.co.uk/) given it a primer/sealer/undercoat and then two coats of farrow and ball estate eggshell. being new to all this I wonder if we've chosen an unsuitable paint for the bathroom. I know F&B do a paint for bathrooms but that's for walls and ceilings not wood (that was my thinking anyway). have we made a mistake?

If we have is there any kind of clear varnish or similar we could use to go over the paint to help seal or waterproof it without overly changing the finish/colour. all the varnishes i've seen so far don't seem to be suitable for painted wood.

please excuse my inexperience! any thoughts on this?

Sponsored Links
No you have not made a mistake and you should not encounter any problems.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Firstly eggshell paints are both designed and formulated for use in areas of steam and humidity, secondly Farrow & Ball Estate Eggshell is designed for both application to wood or metal. You also made mention of a varnish that could be applied over a painted surface (not that you need it now). If you ever feel the need look at Polyvine Decorators Varnish, so you have nothing to worry about.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back