painting kitchen cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See the pic of the lovely kitchen I have inherited... I intend to paint the cupboards white or some light colour and change the handles for a newer look.

Has anyone embarked on such a project... and have any advice or hints. I am going to sand them down and then paint but will they need a primer and what sort of paint will be best on this wood.

Any help much appreciated

Richie

kitty.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I have done the same before, my result was not what I expected at all, it was then ripped out and a new kitchen fitted.

I have since called in a sprayer to another kitchen who took all the doors off and painted them and the carcasses individually, although it looked good at first, it scratched very easily and looked very shabby in no time.

Although they do this on all the House Makeover Shows, I've yet to see one that looks better when its finished, than it did before....! :(

I have fitted many new worktops for customers, and with a good clean of the old units, some new tiling and/or painting the kitchen can look revitalised.

Sorry I cant help with what paints to use, But I dont advocate the painted renovation route... :LOL:

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

After a really good rub and wash down id go for melamine primer or dulux super grip..or any of those awkward surface primers that are on the market..all though I wouldnt bother with that clear one that you just wipe over the surface

I agree with Gary59.

In my last place I had some v.similar doors. I replaced handles, worktop and tiles and was pleased with the 'makeover'.

Alternatively, keep the carcases and replace the doors.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back